Saturday, December 17, 2011

What happens if there is a misspelling of the name on the plane ticket for someone?

There are 2 letters switched around on a plane ticket of a family member of mine and am wondering if there will be problems with bringing him along the trip. If there is going to be problems, how can I fix this? Thanks.|||It can be minor but I would suggest that you contact where you purchased the tickets and tell them of the misspelled name. If they cannot fix it or somehow refuse to, then arrive at the airport early and have the ticket agent correct the error. You do not want any problems when going through security.|||When I book my tickets for an overseas flight I always have someone next to me just to verify the information. I check to make sure that my name is entered correctly as it appears on the passport or ID%26gt; After I make sure the dates are correct and I book the ticket I print the itinerary to make sure everything is correct. Then after its all booked about 5 minutes after the booking I call the airline to confirm that I have the reservation, request seats/special meals etc.|||Names on airline tickets MUST be the same as the valid photo ID you use to fly with. IATA rules allow two (2) incorrect letters in the last name only however the first letter of the last name must not be one of the incorrect letters. call the airline and ask about getting the ticket re issued, your travel agent should have checked the correct spelling before issuing the ticket.|||Just notify the issuing airline/travel agency,They will rectify the mistake and morover if the photo on the identification matches you should have no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment