Monday, December 12, 2011

What plane can take off by going straight up in the air?

I remember reading about a plane ( a fighter-jet if I remember correctly) that can take off without a runway. It just goes from complete stop to hovering to angling upwards and then WHOOSH! flying. So is there a plane out there that can do that?|||the Harrier.





Uses VTOL(Vertical Take Off and Landing) engine.|||Yea, the other person is correct. But, that aircraft has had a lot of issues, and the us military stopped using it for a while. I am not sure if they have fixed the bugs- I think so, but I dont know how much its used anymore- much like the concorde- it had problems so they stopped using it due to its heavy cost and practicality of use. (cost wasnt worth buying them).|||The Harrier Jump Jet and the Osprey V-22 Tilt Rotor

No comments:

Post a Comment