Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is the longest amount of time you have spent on one plane?

I'm also including getting stuck on a plane that is grounded as well.





I'm curious to hear answers on this one. I have a hunch those flying from the States to the Pacific will probably win.





I was stuck on one yesterday for 15 hours. 1 boarding, 8 hours flying, .5 circling the airport, 5 grounded with mechanical problems, .5 taxing. I don't think I can do more than that ever again.





What say you?|||1. Welcome back. Did you find a nice g/f?


2. I cannot stand to be on a plane longer than 3 hours. Last time i flew was from Cancun to Dallas. The filght was only 2.5 hours but we were grounded waiting for a gate to open up for 2 hours! Curse American Airlines' schedulers!|||The longest time I spent on a plane was on Qantas from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia. Of course, we were in the air. The longest I have ever spent in one plane on the ground was three hours and a half. This was on a Delta Airlines MD-88 in Dallas. There was a massive thunderstorm that kept planes from landing or taking off. The plane was packed and they shut off the air conditioners right in the middle of summer. It was so dang humid and hot that sweat was literally rolling down the aisle of the plane. Worst experience of my life.|||15 hours, LA to New Zealand. Aaargh.|||About 7 hours. It's short because it wasn't direct|||Frankfurt - Manila, 15 hours - 14 of them flying, no delays. USA to Pacific isn't really that far - you need to get out more.|||Mine is 16 hours for a LA to Sydney flight. But the record is probably the 1968 hijacking which lasted 40 days.|||One and a half hours.|||One of mine was from Salt Lake City to Costa Rica, bout 8 hours, then we flew from Chicago to Costa Rica, 10 hours. Another one was when we flew from Chicago to San Francisco, Spent 3 hours in the airport waiting for the plane to get ready, (this was from midnight to 3 am) 4 hours on the plane, then about an hour in the Chicago airport. I am leaving for the Caribbean at 2 am tomorrow morning, so hopfully that will go well.|||I am an American, married to a South African and for us to fly home takes about 20 hrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment